Keep Louisiana Wildlife Outside
February 18, 2022
Wildlife can be just that: wild. These creatures are designed to be out in that wild, and not in your Louisiana home. It's important to keep outside animals out, so that your home and everyone in it are safe and sound. Havard Pest Control knows the importance of keeping your home a safe space, and we have the expertise to handle any unwanted guests.
Wildlife That Invade Louisiana Homes
There are a wide variety of wildlife species that have been known to enter Louisiana homes. Some varieties of feral hogs, nutria, raccoons, feral cats, squirrels, and chipmunks have been known to invade local homes. Overall, any outdoor animal can find its way inside, given the proper circumstances. At Havard Pest Control, we are always prepared to eliminate pests big and small from your Louisiana home.
Why Wildlife Invade Louisiana Homes
Like most pests, wildlife will invade your Louisiana home for a number of reasons. Typically wild animals are looking for the basics of life’s necessities: shelter, food, water, warmth (in the winter), and cooling (in the summer).
Ensuring these things are not easily accessible for wildlife is the key to keeping wild animals from invading your Louisiana home. To deter wildlife from your home, try the following:
- Remove debris such as yard waste and food waste immediately and frequently from your home and property.
- Locate any standing water and eliminate the sources, such as leaky faucets.
- Do not store food outside, especially if it can be easily accessed.
- Purchase tightly sealing trash cans with lids in order to deter animals from entering them for food waste.
- Keep plants and brush on the property well maintained, looking for any signs of animals as you do so.
- Removing birdbaths and feeders will eliminate a popular food and water source for many kinds of wildlife in Louisiana.
- Consider fencing for your yard, especially if you want to keep household pets in and wildlife out.
Where Do Wildlife In Louisiana Get In From?
Preventing animals from entering your Louisiana home is the first step in protecting your home from wildlife. You can walk around the exterior of your home and search for entry points. Pay close attention to easily accessed spaces such as doors, windows, and vents. When doing so, keep in mind that animals can enter through a very small hole or crevice. Caulk window and door frames and ensure there is a secure seal. Pay close attention to your foundation and be sure there are no cracks.
How To Prevent Wildlife From Invading Louisiana Homes
The only true method to be sure wildlife does not enter your Louisiana home is to trust the professionals. At Havard Pest Control, we have the experience and know-how to get the job done. We have been keeping wildlife from entering Louisiana homes for years and have learned their tricks. We are keenly aware of their typical entry points and frequent behaviors. Our professionals can rid your Louisiana home of wildlife for good with one simple phone call.