Are You Ready For Termite Season In Hattiesburg?
March 25, 2023
Termites are a big problem in Hattiesburg. Termites are well adapted for survival. They breed quickly and build their colonies under the ground for protection. They eat wood for food, and once one colony is established, termites will send out members of their colony to start more. Termites prefer to live behind the walls of your home and stay in the dark. They steadfastly avoid bright lights and tend not to occupy the places you do. Termites can move in quietly and can stay out of sight for years, and by the time you discover an infestation, they can have caused extensive damage to your home. The average termite-related damage repair costs thousands of dollars. Termites can be an expensive problem to have.
If you have a termite problem in your home, Harvard Pest Control knows how to help. Our seasoned professionals have a long history of getting rid of pest problems, including termites. If you need quality pest control in Hattiesburg, call us. We can help.
How To Identify Termite Damage
Termite infestations can cause extensive damage and can be both hard to detect and then hard to treat when you do. They are difficult to control using DIY termite treatments, and you can find yourself becoming frustrated as infestations persist.
Given that, here are some ways you can detect termites in your home:
- Bubbling paint: paint tends to bubble over termite-related damage areas. The bubbling areas can occur on the inside or outside of your home.
- Holes in walls: termites sometimes chew holes through walls when exploring. The holes will be small, and termites will tend not to come into your living areas.
- Sagging ceilings/floors: as termites weaken structures, they can cause sagging. Regrettably, sagging means advanced damage and should be addressed immediately.
- Leaks: termite-related damage can cause leaks if it breaches through to the outside. Water will naturally find its way inside and cause damage.
- Wings: wings in your home indicates swarming termites have been inside. Flying termites shed their wings once they’ve found a new home.
Termites can sneak in undetected and cause damage for years before you detect them. Because they tend to hide behind walls and between floors, termite infestations can be difficult to assess and treat. If you suspect that you have a termite infestation, the best termite company near you is Havard Pest Control. Our seasoned technicians know how to get rid of termites. Get in touch with us today for help protecting your home from termites.
How Quickly Termites Can Destroy A House
Termites are a big problem but tend to be a slowly developing one. Termites can remain behind the walls of your home for years and will stay as long as the environment is conducive for their colony. The longer they are in place the larger the colony will grow, and the greater amount of damage they can cause. Because they damage wood behind walls and between floors, it can be difficult to understand how much damage has been done and how extensive a termite infestation can be.
Instead of struggling to understand how big your termite infestation may be and what to do about it, contact Havard Pest Control today. Our professionals can help you get an idea of what you are up against and what to do about them. We know how to get rid of termites.
Natural Ways To Make Your Property Less Attractive To Termites
Here are some ways that you can identify termites coming to your yard and discourage them:
- Wood piles: wood piles on the ground will attract termites. Elevate them.
- Yard debris: get rid of yard debris or termites will be attracted to them.
- Mulch: mulch is highly attractive to termites. Keep it away from your house.
- Leaks: fix all outside leaks, because moist wood can draw termites.
- Seal: seal your home to eliminate easy ways in for termites.
- Mud tubes: mud tubes on the outside of your house are a sure sign of termites.
- Inspect often: inspecting often can help you identify termite problems early.
These are ways that you can help decrease your home’s attractiveness to termites and help you identify infestations early. If you need termite removal, Harvard Pest Control knows how to help. Get in touch with us today to get rid of termites with our effective termite control services in Hattiesburg.
What's The Best Way To Protect My Home From Termites?
Termite infestations can develop quietly and eventually cause extensive damage to your home. If you have a termite problem in your home, call us. Harvard Pest Control has a history of excellent customer satisfaction and we can help you get rid of termites. Call us today to get started and to learn more about our residential pest control services in Hattiesburg.