3 Reasons Every Mississippi Business Needs Commercial Pest Control
October 24, 2019
No matter what business you're in, bugs and wildlife can threaten your bottom line in three important ways: As a nuisance, as a property-damaging pest and as a health threat. Take a look at some of these ways pests impact Mississippi businesses and see how they apply to your business.
Pests Drive Business Away
Some pests are harmless, but even a harmless pest can harm your business. Nuisance pests can drive customers away and cause employees to seek another place to work for no other reason than because the invading pests are gross.
Pest Impact Health
There are many ways bugs and wildlife can make people sick. Here are just a few:
- Some pests bite and feed on blood.
- Some pests have venom that causes necrosis in skin tissue or serious physical symptoms.
- Some pests are a vector for human pathogens that can be deadly.
- Some pests spread organisms that can cause lifelong illness.
- Some pests pick up harmful bacteria from sewers and dumpsters and spread them to sensitive locations.
- Some pests spread parasitic worms that can lead to intestinal illness when they are exposed to foods.
- Some pests create conditions for airborne spores to cause respiratory illness.
- Some pests aggravate skin allergies and asthma.
- Some pests carry ectoparasites such as ticks, fleas, lice and mites, some of which present serious health risks.
When pests get into your business, they can impact the health of your employees and this can lead to an increase in employee absenteeism. If customers get sick, it can damage your reputation, cause customers to seek another residence, inspire a lawsuit, and more. If a government inspector finds an illness-spreading pest, it can result in serious repercussions.
Pests Damage Property
There are many ways pests can damage property. Some chew on wood and other building materials. Some feed on clothing, upholstered furniture, tapestries, and other materials. If your business is to store the belongings of others, there are many pests that can present a risk to those personal items. Property damage caused by pests can come in many forms. Protect your business with commercial pest control.
Every Business Should Have a Pest Management Program
No matter what business you're in, we can help you protect your bottom line from the harmful impact of bugs and wildlife. Havard Pest Control offers industry-leading commercial pest control in Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana. Reach out to us for a consultation and get your protection in place today.