The Best Way To Deal With Problematic Wildlife In Louisiana
May 30, 2022
Louisiana has beautiful creatures that benefit the health and growth of our ecosystem, but that doesn't mean they're welcome around your property. Despite their ecological benefits, wild animals create dangerous environments when they infest homes and properties, and attempting wildlife removal on your own is just as hazardous as an infestation. You might not be able to solve this problem yourself, but we can teach you what kind of wildlife management you can handle on your own and when to call in the experts.
Types Of Problematic Wildlife In Louisiana
Wildlife will always be present in our Louisiana neighborhoods, but there is a distinct difference between harmless and nuisance animals in domestic areas. Creatures like sparrows and blue jays are relatively innocuous to have in your yard, but these aren't the creatures that cause problems around homes and properties:
Any wildlife expert will tell you that these animals are dangerous to have around your home and property, so it's always encouraged to seek professional wildlife control services in the event of a wildlife infestation.
The Dangers Nuisance Wildlife Brings
Nuisance wild animals are problematic to have around homes and properties and, more specifically, either cause property damage or create a dangerous environment for homeowners. Animals like rabbits, moles, and beavers will inflict landscape and structural damage, while animals like coyotes, raccoons, and snakes are more aggressive and cause bodily harm. Almost all of these animals carry other pests such as fleas and ticks, known vectors for diseases. Nuisance wildlife is dangerous to have around your Louisiana property, so professional nuisance wildlife removal is crucial for keeping your home and family safe.
The Key To Effective Wildlife Control
Knowing where to find reliable Louisiana pest control is imperative to effective wildlife control, but it's not always that easy to find. Luckily for you, our pest experts at Harvard Pest Control are specially trained to handle nuisance wildlife infestations. We employ various wildlife trapping methods, preventative treatments, exclusion services, and post-infestation sanitation services that will keep your home and property safe from dangerous pests all year long. We tailor our wildlife treatment plans to your needs and return daily to monitor animal activity until we're positive your problem is solved.
Practical Wildlife Prevention Tips
The biggest reason nuisance wildlife animals infest neighborhoods is because they offer easy access to food, water, and shelter. It isn't easy, but there are ways to reduce these attractive qualities around your Louisiana property:
- Install tight-fitting lids on all indoor and outdoor trash cans.
- Mow and weed-wack your lawn weekly to keep your grass at a manageable height.
- Rake up and dispose of leaves, lawn clippings, and yard debris.
- Trim bushes and tree branches away from the exterior of your home.
- Seal up any potential entry points around the exterior of your home – high-risk areas include raised foundation, damaged siding, gaps around pipes and wires, worn-down sealant around doors and windows, aging trim, and broken shingles.
- Keep pantry foods stored in airtight containers.
- Never leave food or dirty dishes sitting out overnight.
- Aerate your soil to promote proper drainage.
- Fill in any ground holes around your property.
- Address any moisture problems, such as leaky pipes and damages to your roof.
It's always great to get proactive about pest prevention, but it doesn't guarantee complete protection against unwanted infestations. The best way to keep your home safe is with ongoing pest control from Harvard Pest Control, so get in contact with us today to learn more about our treatment plans.