How To Identify, Control And Prevent Termites In Your Covington Home
June 5, 2023
Termites are hands down one of the most destructive pest infestations a Covington Homeowner may have to endure. Termites can make their way in unseen, and infestations can persist for years before you even become aware of them. By then, a termite problem may have caused thousands of dollars of damage. Termites are responsible for billions of dollars of damage a year to homes and businesses, and the problem is only getting worse.
If you’ve discovered termites in your Covington house, it is critical to address the problem as soon as possible. Failure to do so can cost you thousands of dollars and endless frustration. Havard Pest Control professionals know all aspects of pest control in Covington. Give us a call today.
About The Termite Caste System
Here are the different roles that termites occupy in a colony:
- Queen: The Queen’s main responsibility is producing eggs to ensure the continual reproduction of the colony.
- Soldiers: Soldiers shoulder the responsibility of protecting the colony against outside threats.
- Workers: Workers are responsible for the overall maintenance of the colony.
Termites in Covington have specialized roles and work together to ensure the survival of their colony. If termites move into your home, it can be an uphill battle. Thankfully, Havard Pest Control is the best termite company near you, and we can help. Contact us today.
How To Identify Signs Of Termite Activity
Here are some ways you can tell if termites have come to visit:
- Sagging floors: If termites damage the support structures underneath your floor, they may begin to sag as it weakens.
- Cracked walls: If termite damage causes your house to settle, you may start noticing cracks in your walls.
- Misaligned windows and doors: If termite damage causes your house to settle, it may cause misaligned windows and doors that are hard to open and close.
- Wings and bugs: Finding lots of insect wings in your home, especially on windowsills, is an obvious sign that you have an infestation.
These are some ways to tell if termites have come to visit. If they have, Havard Pest Control wants to visit too because we know how to get rid of termites. Drop us a line today to see how we can help.
Contact The Professionals At The First Sign Of Termites
Because termite infestations are difficult to identify, they are often in your home for years before you finally see them. Termites cause increasing amounts of damage to your home the longer they are there. Once termite colonies get large enough, they send out members to establish new colonies, and you may suddenly discover that termites have moved to multiple places in your home.
Termite infestations are best left to professionals. Ineffective DIY pest control approaches can allow termite infestations to persist. Using professionals guarantees you the help of trained individuals who know about termites and termite treatments.
Havard Pest Control is the company to call for help with termite control in Covington. We pride ourselves on our history of success. Get in touch with us today; you will be glad you did.
Practical Tips To Prevent Termites From Coming Back
Once you’ve eliminated a termite infestation, there are several things you can do to help decrease your chances of seeing them again. Here are some ways to lower your chances of dealing with termites:
- Eliminate stumps: Old stumps are highly attractive to termites; getting rid of stumps helps discourage termites from coming and staying.
- Minimize mulch: Minimize the amount of mulch that you use and keep it away from your house to decrease your chances of attracting termites.
- Seal your home: Sealing your home well makes it more difficult for termites to make their way inside.
If termites still come back, however, Harvard Pest Control can help you with all aspects of termite removal. Call us today.