Answering The Most Commonly Asked Questions About Bed Bugs In Alabama
October 20, 2022
Bed bugs in Alabama have been making a resurgence in recent years, and people are starting to take notice. If you're one of the many people in Alabama who have questions about bed bugs, Havard Pest Control is here to help. We will answer some of the most commonly asked questions about bed bugs, including how to finally get rid of them with expert pest control in Alabama.
What Are The Signs I Have A Bed Bug Infestation?
The first step in getting rid of bed bugs is to identify an infestation. There are a few key signs you can look for, including:
- Small, reddish-brown bugs crawling around your sheets or on your skin. These are the bed bugs themselves.
- Dark spots on your sheets or skin. These are bed bug droppings, which look like small dots of blood.
- A sweet, musty smell in your bedroom. This is the scent of pheromones that bed bugs use to attract mates. If you notice this smell, it's a sign that you have a serious infestation.
- Eggs or eggshells on your sheets. Bed bugs lay their eggs in small clusters, which can be hard to spot. If you see any eggs, it's a good indication that you have an infestation.
If you notice any of these signs, it's time to call in the bed bug control experts. Havard Pest Control has been dealing with bed bug infestations since 1947, and we will be able to quickly get rid of them for you.
How Do Bed Bug Infestations Start?
One of the most common questions we get about bed bugs is how they even end up in people's homes in the first place. Unfortunately, there are a few ways bed bugs can make their way into your Alabama home, including:
- Hitchhiking on clothing or luggage after traveling
- Being brought in by guests who have them in their own homes
- Coming in through cracks and crevices in the walls or floor
The best bed bug control technique for your home is to be vigilant when traveling and to inspect your luggage carefully when you return home. However, even if you take all the necessary precautions, bed bugs can still find their way into your home. If this happens, don't panic; Havard Pest Control will be able to get rid of them with our bed bug control services in Alabama.
Will Bed Bugs Infest My Pets?
Another common question we get about bed bugs is whether or not they will infest pets. The good news is that, unlike fleas, bed bugs generally don't infest animals. However, they can bite pets if they are close enough to the ground. If you think your pet may have been bitten by a bed bug, look for small, red bumps on their skin. If you're worried it may be a sign of bed bugs, contact Havard Pest Control. We provide highly efficient bed bug pest control in Alabama that will take care of these pests.
What Should I Do To Annihilate The Bed Bug Infestation In My Home?
Don't try to tackle a bed bug infestation on your own, as this can often make the problem worse. It takes the experience and treatments of professional pest control to kill bed bugs the right way. If you think you might have a bed bug infestation, the best thing to do is call Havard Pest Control. We will thoroughly inspect your home for these tiny bugs and develop a customized plan to get rid of them. Since 1947, we've built our reputation as the local pest control for bed bugs in Alabama you can trust to deliver results. With Havard Pest Control on your side, you can rest assured the bed bugs will be gone for good. Call us today to learn more.