What Every Louisiana Resident Should Know About Home Pest Control
March 18, 2022
Pests in Louisiana are something that no person ever wants to deal with. Whether it’s a spider crawling around or a rodent scurrying, various pests in Louisiana can be upsetting to encounter, and they can also pose risks if they invade. Some are pretty dangerous, and others are aggravating. Some pests that are mostly considered nuisances can still be gross and difficult to remove.
Trying to handle pest control in Louisiana on your own rarely works, but there is one surefire way to manage pest infestations. Find out more about pests in the area and how home pest control can protect against them.
Types Of Pests That Commonly Invade Louisiana Homes
Many pests invade homes. Some of the most common include:
- Bed bugs
These species are different, and some are more of a problem than others. However, none of these pests are welcome in the home. While it might not seem likely that you’ll have a pest infestation, most residents do encounter pests around their property at one point or another, which can lead to some serious issues.
The Dangers Pests Bring To Louisiana Homes
Many pests can spread disease or cause allergies, while others sting or bite. Here are some of the main dangers that certain pests in the area can cause:
- Rodents can spread rat-bite fever, hantavirus, and salmonellosis and cause other respiratory issues.
- Cockroaches spread dozens of illnesses such as dysentery and gastroenteritis.
- A couple of spider species have dangerous venom that can lead to severe reactions.
Some ant species can bite, and others can spread illnesses.
- Wasps can sting and inject venom, and many people are quite allergic to the venom.
Then, there are also the destructive problems that pests can cause. Rodents, termites, and more can damage your property.
Natural Pest Prevention Tips For Louisiana Homes
While the best way to prevent pests is with pest control in Louisiana through Havard Pest Control, there are also some ways to prevent pests that you can implement on your own. These mainly involve removing the factors that track them in the first place, such as:
- Remove excess humidity by using dehumidifiers and fixing leaky faucets.
- Clean up kitchens often and wipe up food and drink spills.
- Seal up holes in the walls and foundation using caulk and foam. Also, repair any broken screens.
- Clean up excess clutter in the home and around the yard.
- Store pet food inside the house and remove bird feeders.
- Get lids for all trash cans and take out the garbage regularly.
- Trim up excess foliage regularly; this includes trees, shrubs, and bushes.
The Best Form Of Pest Protection For Your Louisiana Home
If you want ongoing protection against pests in the area, contact Havard Pest Control today. We can address all of the prevalent species in Louisiana to protect you and everyone else in your household. If you are already dealing with pest infestation, contact us the right way. We can eradicate any current pests with our home pest control plans. Just give us a call to request an inspection.