Getting Rid Of Mice In Your Louisiana Home For Good!
January 20, 2023
Louisiana’s climate is good for mice. They are naturally very adept at survival and capable of living in a wide array of climates and locations, but they positively thrive in Louisiana. To make matters worse, mice prefer large families. Once they move into your home they immediately get to work establishing a large family, and infestations can quickly grow from a few mice into a major infestation.
If mice are causing you grief, do not despair. Havard Pest Control is your best resource for pest control in Louisiana. Call us today to get help with mouse control. We know how to get rid of mice.
How To Tell If It's Mice In Your Home
Mice infestations can be serious, and it’s important to understand the signs of a mouse infestation. Here are some ways to tell if mice have moved into your home:
- Holes in food containers. Mice will chew holes in food containers to get at the food inside. If you see little holes chewed in food stores, that’s a good indicator of mice.
- Droppings. Mouse droppings look like small, dark grains of rice. You will commonly find them near food stores. If you see mouse droppings, you can be sure mice are present.
- Stains near baseboards. A mouse can soil high-traffic areas. This is especially noticeable near exterior walls, when mice may enter from outside with dirty feet.
- Mice themselves. This is the most obvious sign of a mouse infestation. Mice are fast, so you might only get a fleeting glance. Dead mice count, too.
These are some ways to tell if mice are in your home. If you suspect a mouse infestation, call Havard Pest Control immediately. We are experts when it comes to dealing with mouse infestations, and we know all the best ways to get rid of mice.
You Don't Have To Touch Mice For Them To Make You Sick
Mice are avid explorers and will check out everything in their environment. Unfortunately, they are actually attracted to dirty, filthy areas like garbage dumps, sewers, and even things like carcasses. They can pick up disease-causing things like hantavirus, leptospira, and salmonella there, and can then track them into your house later. Mice are notorious for contaminating food, counters, cabinets, and furniture. Afterwards, you can get sick without ever touching a mouse — or having seen one in your house.
If you want to get rid of a mouse infestation, rest assured that Havard Pest Control knows how to get rid of mouse infestations. Not only that, but we know how to keep mice away afterward.
The Best Way To Get The Mice Out Of Your House For Good
Mice can be a complex problem to solve. They love to nest in hard-to-reach, out-of-the-way areas of your home and can have complex routes and behaviors. DIY pest control efforts often fail because of this. Instead of trying to figure everything out yourself, it is best to call qualified home pest control experts to help you with your mouse problems.
Havard Pest Control has been getting rid of mice for Louisiana homeowners for a long time, and we can get rid of yours. Drop us a line today to explore our inspection and treatment plans.
How To Prevent Future Mouse Infestations In Your Home
Here are some tips to keep mice from returning once you get rid of an infestation:
- Seal outside garbage. Exposed garbage is a huge draw for mice.
- Clean up clutter. The less places mice have to hide and explore, the better.
- Seal your house. Mice will exploit any opportunity to get into your house.
- Be diligent with inside food. Open food stores are highly attractive to mice.
- Keep a clean house. A dirty house will attract mice.
These tips can help you prevent mice from returning, but unfortunately can’t guarantee that they won’t come back eventually. If mice ever do come back, Havard Pest Control stands ready to help you get them back out of your house once more. Call us today, and let us help you with mice or any other pest problem you may have.